This document was created using a Contractology template available at freenetlaw.com.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Nicholas Coysh Osteopath and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- Show any material from the website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s express written consent.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to Nicholas Coysh Osteopath a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Nicholas Coysh Osteopath the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Nicholas Coysh Osteopath or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, Nicholas Coysh Osteopath does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Nicholas Coysh Osteopath makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Nicholas Coysh Osteopath does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Nicholas Coysh Osteopath has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Nicholas Coysh Osteopath; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Nicholas Coysh Osteopath to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Nicholas Coysh Osteopath has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Nicholas Coysh Osteopath.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Nicholas Coysh Osteopath and undertake to keep Nicholas Coysh Osteopath indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Nicholas Coysh Osteopath to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Nicholas Coysh Osteopath arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions[, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Nicholas Coysh Osteopath other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Nicholas Coysh Osteopath may take such action as Nicholas Coysh Osteopath deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions, together with Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s Privacy and Cookies Policies, constitute the entire agreement between you and Nicholas Coysh Osteopath in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video or a Facebook ‘Like’ , some of which you will find on our site.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how to switch off cookies here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at freenetlaw.com.
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by Nicholas Coysh Osteopath and its licensors.
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to Nicholas Coysh Osteopath here .
Enforcement of copyright
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.
If Nicholas Coysh Osteopath discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, Nicholas Coysh Osteopath may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of Nicholas Coysh Osteopath’s copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please contact Nicholas Coysh Osteopath by email here
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this to Nicholas Coysh Osteopath by email here
When you supply your personal details to this clinic (either as part of the registration process, or, for example, supplying your name and email address through signing up to the newsletter via this website) they are stored and processed for one or all of the following 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law):
- We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored*
- on paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the office is always locked out of working hours.
- on my office computer. This is password-protected, backed up regularly, and the office(s) are locked out of working hours.
I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Your practitioner in order that they can provide you with treatment
- I also use Mailchimp to coordinate my messages, so your contact details and interactions with Mailchimp email newsletter messages may be saved on their server.
From time to time, I may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your medical notes). I will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and I will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold, and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask me to erase your records.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Nicholas Coysh Osteopathy & Wellbeing, 5 Eastbrook, Manleys Hill, Storrington, West Sussex RH20 4BW
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Nicholas Coysh Osteopath are committed to providing you a website that is accessible to the widest possible audiences, including those with sight, audio and motor impairment restrictions. Specifically:
We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- We have appropriate ALT tags for images to convey information for people with images switched off, or who use a screen reader.
- We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way.
- We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information.
- We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible, and provide equivalent text links.
- The site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control all of the presentation and layout.
The content has been written and formatted to make it as accessible as possible. For example:
- Headings highlight sections of text.
- Sentences are short with the meaning at the beginning.
- We try to ensure that link text makes sense out of context and that it accurately describes the page to which it points.
- Forms can be navigated using the tab key.
The following links are to further browser and operating system specific information and advice about accessibility.
Some of the information on our website may be in Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe website. Later versions of this software provide a number of features that improve access for users.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the site or have any comments, please contact Nicholas Coysh Osteopath by email here.